With everything that has been going around in this day and age, you simply just can’t go on without a home security camera. Aside from keeping your home safe, there are actually a lot of benefits that you can get from it — check on your kids when you have to run quick errands, check on your pets, check suspicious activities outside of your home, or monitor a repair and renovation away from home. It is a great tool for keeping an eye on things from a distance. So what is the best Home Security Cameras for 2019, there is a lot to consider.
There are many security cameras available in the market today with various capabilities and features. Some have crystal clear two-way audio setting, some have alarms, some sends a notification once a movement is detected, and some works superbly like a hawk. But with so many options to choose from, it can be quite hard to know which is the right fit for you and for your home. You may want to choose something that is very simple to set up and operate. You may also want something with a sleek design that may be able to fit the interiors of your home. Additionally, you may want a camera that is compatible with the most device, like your smartphone.
To help you decide on your perfect fit. We have ranked some of the best home security cameras for 2019. See below:
Wyze Cam Pan
This indoor smart home camera has a night vision, a crystal clear two-way audio, Pan/Tilt/Zoom, 2-Way Audio and is Alexa compatible. This is by far, one of the best in terms of motion tracking.
The Wyze Cam Pan will send an alert message through your phone if a motion or a sound is detected by the camera. There is a free rolling 14-day cloud storage of videos and audios that you can review anytime. Since the home security camera provides a 360-degree coverage, it can very well follow a continuous motion as long as it is in the field of view. The “Pan Scan” feature is pretty cool too, as it scans a particular room in 4 waypoint. If you want to check on the living room, go ahead and easily assign the task to Alexa.
This smart camera has a sleek design. And while the audio quality can be a bit shaky sometimes, it is still great overall and it is very affordable too. If you are starting with equipping your home with smart cameras, you may opt to thy Wyze as your first investment. Its affordability does not sacrifice the quality of the overall cam plus, its features are comparable to the more expensive ones.
- Pan, tilt, and zoom (PTZ) lets you control Wyze Cam Pan remotely using the Wyze app so you can see every angle of your room while you’re away, on demand. Or, have Wyze Cam Pan monitor your room automatically with the Pan Scan feature by setting 4 predefined waypoints. Panning has a 360° left/right rotation range and tilting has a 93° vertical up/down range.
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p - 1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from anywhere in real time using your mobile device. While live streaming, use two-way audio to speak with your friends and family through the Wyze app.
- Motion/Sound Recording with Free Cloud Storage - Wyze Cam Pan can automatically record a 12-second video clip when motion or sound is detected and saves that video to the cloud for 14-days, for free. Mobile push notifications can be enabled so you’re only alerted when something is detected letting you stay on top of things without having to constantly monitor the app. Or, record continuously to a MicroSD card (sold separately) regardless of motion and sound. Compatible with 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB FAT32 MicroSD cards.
- See in the dark - Night vision lets you see up to 30’ in absolute darkness using 6 infrared (IR) LEDs. Note: IR does not work through glass windows.
- Voice Controlled? You got it! - Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (US only) so you can use your voice to see who’s at your front door, how your baby’s doing, or if your 3D printer has finished printing. Wyze Cam Pan is only compatible with the 2. 4GHz WiFi network (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi) and Apple (iOS) and Android mobile devices.
YI 1080p Home Camera
For parents, a security camera is necessary to monitor your children’s activities. This YI Home Camera definitely does the job with monitoring. A perfect nanny camera that guarantees to keep the little ones secured with its features.
The YI 1080p Home Camera offers a baby crying detection feature and motion feature. That means you will receive two alerts for motion and sound so you’ll know exactly what is happening. Parents as well as caregivers can monitor simultaneously because the app can be used by up to five family members. There is also a seven-day free storage so you can review at the end of the day or week.
Other outstanding features include a wide angle and full HD view for complete coverage, up to 4x zoom and focus, a complete panoramic view that can be achieved by just panning your phone — all through its YI Home app. You can also connect and monitor up to 4 cameras in your home. Furthermore, the YI Cloud has no storage limit that has loop-recording. The cloud feature has a one-month free trial.
- Optional 24/7 Emergency Response Service - YI’s motion alerts and live video feeds are now equipped with the option to instantly involve Noon light's Certified Emergency Dispatchers, who coordinate with police, fire, and EMS agencies on customers’ behalf to ensure the situation is promptly handled.
- Adjustable Alert Frequency: AI powered human detected alert or motion detected alerts can be set by sensitivity levels from high to low. Eliminates 'false positives' caused by flying insects, small pets, or light changes. You’ll only be alerted for the moments that matter
- Works With Alexa - Officially Alexa compatible and works with any screen-based Alexa device. You can use the Alexa Skill to turn on your camera or view its live feed with a simple voice command.
- Reliable Wi-Fi Connectivity - Access your camera with our mobile / PC APP anytime and anywhere, more flexible with Home/Away mode. Allows sharing your camera with up to 5 family members or friends, and view multiple cameras on a single account. 9 live feeds on pc app is available now. Built-in support for 2.4Ghz (5Ghz currently not supported) Wi-Fi band.
- Cloud & Local Storage: Six second motion-triggered video clips will be safely stored on the Cloud for 1 day for free. For local storage, micro SD-cards up to 64GB are supported (micro SD-card not included).
Vimtag P1 HD Ultra IP Camera
This camera boasts of a great security feature with its HD video quality, pan and tilt functions, two-way audio, a clear night vision, and 4x digital zoom.
What’s more, the Vimtag P1 is very easy to set up. It is plug-and-play with built-in Wi-Fi. You can control the security camera through your phone, via their app, as it allows you to pan, zoom, and tilt especially when it detects motion. The camera can also support multiple users. The app is very easy to navigate and you can optimize and customize what you want to view from there. This user-friendly feature works well even for first-time users and for those who have not really encounter navigating a camera through an app. Everything takes a minute with this security camera.
The Vimtag P1 is plain and simple security cam and that is probably its best feature. It is not compatible with other smart home device and it does not have cloud storage. If you want to record videos, you have to purchase an SD Card or a $150 S1 Cloud Box — a 1TB drive that can handle up to four camera feeds simultaneously.
- Effortless Setup - The P1-S Ultra can be set up in as little as 3 minutes. Get your camera up and running in no time with the simple plug and play setup. Smart Wi-Fi and easy network connection ensure you always stay connected and won’t miss a second of footage.
- Free Technical Support - Through extensive market research and testing, we’ve been able to create a variety of cameras to suit our clients’ needs. Safeguard your investment with free customer support from our highly rated customer service. Highly qualified customer service representatives provide unmatched customer support.
- Hi-Definition - P1 Ultra offers stunning HD video quality at 1980 x 1080p. With 8x digital zoom and super clear night vision, this camera provides the ability to communicate in pitch darkness. Ensure you will have coverage of every corner of your home or office with the 320 x 120 degree pan of P1-S Ultra. Crisp hi-fidelity sound with 360 degree audio enables this camera to pick up sounds from anywhere in the room.
- Superior Technology - Vimtag P1 delivers top of the line surveillance. Vimtag Sensors, the latest in IoT sensor technology, maximize the usage of existing cameras to ensure near complete coverage of home or office (sold separately). P1-S Ultra can also sync up with Vimtag S1 or cloud storage (sold separately). The hi-quality 3.6 mm lens and internal SD card slot (128GB max) allows for a large amount of video recording and playback.
- Wide Ranging Usage - Vimtag Security Camera allows for a wide range of uses including security, vacation home monitoring, pet monitoring, nanny cam, business monitoring, senior monitoring, remote live video streaming via smartphone, tablet, and PC. Vimtag ensures privacy with password protection and encrypted videos.
SereneLife Indoor IP Camera
This security home camera boasts of having the “easiest wifi setup” available on the market today. True enough, it is a plug and play device which requires no additional setup. But while it is a simple surveillance cam, many raves about its superb night vision and ultra clear HD images up to 32 feet.
SereneLife camera is not compatible with any smart home device however, it is still a perfect choice for home and business surveillance especially for night time tracking. It can detect motion and record videos (through a micro SD) up to 24 hours or you can schedule which time to track.
The SereneLife app gives you full access to the camera whether you want to take still pictures or record videos. Manage two or more cameras with the app.
- A trusted brand name in the industry
- Made of high quality materials
- Engineered with the user in mind
- Easy to use
- A solution in most applications
Amazon Cloud Cam
If a device or a gadget has the word “Amazon” in it, it probably won’t disappoint. True enough, this home security device can really work its magic. And because it is from Amazon, it is Alexa/Echo compatible, perfect if you have a smart home.
The Amazon Cloud Cam includes basic security camera functions such as HD video, two-way audio, night vision, and notification during motion or sound detection. The basic camera can store up to 24 hours of footages. However, you can upgrade certain features like a 30-day footage storage and person detection with Cloud Cam Plans that is free for a 30-day trial period. One of the features of the subscription is that you can customize notifications and intelligent alerts like person detection. Subscriptions prices vary from $6.99 to $19.99 a month. You can view the footages on mobile and PC and you can share them as well.
Installation and configuration of the cloud cam are easy as well. The Amazon Cloud Cam app login details are your existing Amazon account details or you can very well create a new account solely for the camera’s purposes. The “Home/Away” setting of the app works best when you are on a vacation. Through here, you can program the camera to turn on when you are away or off when you are home.
- Stay connected 24/7 - Catch activities as they happen in 1080p Full HD. Watch, download, and share the last 24 hours of motion alert video clips for free.
- Notifications – Get notified when Cloud Cam sees activity. Check in anytime or watch motion clips on the Cloud Cam mobile app.
- See clearly in the dark - Night vision lets you detect what’s happening around the clock. Turn on/off night vision LEDs in the Cloud Cam App.
- Two-way audio - Check in with the family or tell your dog to stop barking.
- 30-day free trial of Cloud Cam Plans – Get Smart Alerts and advanced features like person and audio detection, Zones, and see up to 30 days of video history.
Ring Spotlight Cam
Another great option for a smart outdoor camera is the Ring spotlight. The brand primarily offers doorbell cam. The company, however, has since entered the market of a smart surveillance camera with useful features. This camera can operate through a battery, wire, or solar power options which can be your best bet when outdoors. It also has a loud, 110-decibel siren system in case of emergency.
The Ring Spotlight Camera has is also a DIY camera that you can customize and control through its app. It detects motion, has ultra clear HD feature, and has two-way audio. Monitor your home or business round the clock and get alerts whenever an activity is detected. This camera definitely saves energy while keeping you secure.
This surveillance camera has a compact design and has a sturdy feature that won’t easily tear though outside weather and elements. The cameras under that brand have an IPX5 rating so durability is guaranteed.
- Connect your Ring camera with Alexa then enable announcements to be alerted when motion is detected. Talk to visitors through compatible Echo devices by saying “Alexa, talk to the front door”.
- Lets you see, hear and speak to visitors from your phone, tablet and PC
- Powered by the quick-release rechargeable battery pack.
- With a Ring Protect Plan (subscription sold separately), record all your videos, review what you missed for up to 60 days, and share videos and photos.
- Monitors your home in 1080HD video with infrared night vision and Live View
Arlo Pro 3
Many reviewers believed that Arlo Pro is by far one of the best in the market and believe it as I use this one myself; check out my full review on Best Wireless Home Security Camera (Indoor & Outdoor). For one, it has a sleek design that you can place anywhere you want to monitor, it is 100% wire-free, and it is rechargeable. These very basic but useful features work so much in saving you the hassle of installation.
Arlo Pro is every definition of a crystal clear. It allows you to monitor live in HD, it has a great motion detection feature through a wide-angle PIR motion sensor, and it has a superb night vision that can illuminate up to 25 feet. Whether you place it indoor or outdoor, the device is IP65-certified so it can stand pretty much any weather. The device also has 2-way audio and is compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant — perfect for your smart home devices. Feel like there is an emergency? You can activate the device’s siren to let others know about a certain situation and notify authority.
Of course, these great features do not come cheap. The device comes with a base station that requires an ethernet connection. This station can support removable storage devices that allows you to save captured clips through hard-drive. To access full features and what you can do in the app, you need to purchase a cloud subscription that comes in a variety of prices, depending on your need. However, if safety is your priority, then all of these are worth investing.
- Spend less time recharging with 6 months of battery life on one charge.
- No monthly fees or service contract required.
- Zoom in to see sharp details - See and record video in 2K with HDR for a clearer, undistorted picture, day or night.
- See colorful at night - See features like faces or license plates in full color, even at night, with color night vision.
- Smarter alerts, quicker action - Receive notifications for people, vehicles, and packages so you can take quick action such as sound the siren, call a friend or dial emergency services, with the included, Arlo Smart trial.
Nest Cam IQ
This brand takes things seriously and from the image quality and outstanding features, you can tell that it is really a “state-of-the-art” smart. Aside from HD imaging, this security camera is equipped with a 4k sensor. According to Nest, it is smart enough to tell which is a person and which is a thing and it can even recognize a face with Nest Aware.
The Nest Aware feature, of course, comes with a price. From, $50 up t0 $300 a year (capabilities depends on the price of your subscription) , Nest Aware subscription will help you catch everything you have missed. It can record videos for up to 24 hours for 30 days.
Other features include a powerful speaker that allows you to hear clear audios with noise cancellation and echo suppression, invisible infrared LEDs that brightly illuminate the whole room, a “Supersight” technology that zooms into a face while still giving you a full picture, and a 3-hour snap chat history. The device is compatible with Google assistant. Nest definitely offers IQ surveillance like no other.
Buying your home security camera means doing a bit of research on what you truly need. There are various types of security cameras for your home. It can be indoor, outdoor, wireless, or rechargeable. You also have to consider features that work best for you such a video quality, the audio, night vision, movement detection, storage, and wifi capabilities. Most security cameras today have all of the features stated so you just have to take a good look at the cost.
If you have a smart home, consider getting a camera that is compatible with smart home devices like Amazon Echo and Google Home that can make your life at home so much easier. Review your choices and get the safety and protection you most definitely need.
Also, don’t do TOO Much! as your Home Security may become a full-time job…