Do you stay indoors the whole day? Sometimes, it feels relaxing to be away in a chaotic world outside the walls of your house. There are times though, that the stress and chaos are the ones that revolve around the house. It is inside the house where everything happens, so some people prefer to stay outside which makes them feel relaxed and brand new. It makes sense to think that travelling away from home gives satisfaction to people. To be able to see new sights, breathe from different air and go to new places really makes a difference in keeping your sanity. Going on a vacation or just wanting to live in a different space have evolved especially when Airbnb started.
Here are the best Cheap Smart Home Devices For Your Airbnb:
- Cheap Smart Hub “Wink Hub”
- Cheap Smart Assistant “Alexa”
- Cheap Smart Home Security “Blink XT”
- Cheap Smart Lighting “Kasa Smart Light Switch”
- Cheap Smart Entertainment Controller “Broadlink RM Mini3”
- Cheap Smart Home Thermostats “Honeywell Wi-Fi Thermostat”
The rise of room-renting has been popularized when Nathan Blecharczyk, Joe Gebbia and Brian Chesky; founded Airbnb. Airbnb is an online community marketplace which connects people looking to rent their spaces with people who are looking for accommodations. Their users include hosts and travellers: hosts are the ones who list and rent out their unused spaces, and travellers search for and book the accommodations. This online market has spread quickly where 192 countries participate worldwide. It has grown fast because of how it appeals to people. Airbnb gives a wide variety as to how they would want to enjoy their rent.
Travellers search for properties and selections until they are able to narrow down what they want to enjoy their stay. To have a different and unique experience are always the goal of each traveller. They enjoy a place where they would feel so at home, somewhere clean and comfortable. Airbnb has keyed in those preferences with exceptional spaces.
Hosts are the ones responsible to maintain cleanliness and keep the space as its best to attract more travellers. As people nowadays appreciate the coziness and security of places they visit. They should be able to provide these things to make sure that travellers don’t need to worry about it and just focus on enjoying their stay. For whatever reason travellers choose Airbnb, they deserve a very comfortable and stress-free experience.
Renting through Airbnb offers consumers plenty of ways to customize their stay. Nowadays, that customization includes the right technological devices that will fill the space. Hosts are expected to also invest in things that would reciprocate the decision of people to rent their place. Having a smart home tech is a good move on stepping up the market in Airbnb as people tend to be vigilant in choosing the place they want. As everyone relies on the comfort of technology, having these devices on every space will definitely attract travellers.
This article would show some of the things that are essential to have without breaking the pocket.
Cheap Smart Hub “Wink Hub”
Smart homes have gotten popular nowadays; they are no longer seen as luxury items but as a necessity for all in this technology-defined ear because of the comfort it brings.
Wink Hub is a tool that connects all smart home devices to ensure a smart and secured home. This works from smart locks and thermostats to light switches and more. It is also a tool that will enable to host to customize smart products through the Wink app and will let you manage everything from a single interface.
Wink’s app is very much easy to use and straightforward. It can automatically discover the Wink hardware; it also has different instructions that will depend on the type of smart device you are linking.
The good thing about the Hub is that it can also allow the user to split devices and group them that will make it easier to control its use even if these devices are from different manufacturers.
Alexa App can be used in this Smart Device for voice commands and other settings that you can customize for easier use.
It is important to make sure that all your smart home products can communicate with Wink, it is necessary to get smart home products that have the “Wink Hub Compatible—Wink Hub Required” seal on their packaging. If the smart product doesn’t have the Wink’s sticker on it, it might surely ruin the purpose of the Hub.
Wink recommends that the hub should be placed at least 15 feet away from your wireless router. Once the hub is placed and the app is installed, you are now ready to start adding all smart devices on your home network. What an easy way that is!
It is a very decent product as this will mirror an organized and secured space for the guests to enjoy.
Why is it worth buying?
- It will allow you to organize all your smart home devices and lets you customize them from the Wink App
- It is easy to setup
- Product Compatability: Works with products from iOS, Apple Watch, Android, and Android Wear
- Works with Amazon Alexa for a more customized experience
- It has a well-designed app that you can use and be connected to the Hub service no matter where you are
- No required monthly fees as long as it is connected to Wi-Fi
- Supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE, Z-Wave, ZigBee, Lutron ClearConnect, Kidde
- The Wink app is free to use and can be downloaded through the Apple App Store or Google Play. All you need is an email account, and there are no long-term contracts or service fees. The Wink app connects you to products that already have Wink technology built in.
- The Wink HUB expands your centralized control by speaking many of the wireless languages that various products already use and connects them through the Wink app, providing a single organized platform from which you can operate your smart home.
- Easy setup means you'll spend more time enjoying your products and less time installing them.
- The Wink HUB supports many of the products that use Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Z-Wave, and Lutron ClearConnect, enabling remote control via the Wink app on your smartphone. It can be run on Android mobile, Android Wear, and iOS.
- For more a more detailed explanation on which devices we support and why, along with other FAQ, please see our PDF Guide in the Technical Specification section below.
Cheap Smart Assistant “Alexa”
Smart devices are fast exploding in the market. With all the brands introducing smart inventions, people are overwhelmed with these devices and are having a hard time to point if these are even necessary to consider.
Smart assistant or Intelligent Personal Assistant is mobile software that can perform given tasks, or commands, on behalf of an individual.
Earlier this year, Apple introduced the HomePod speaker, the company’s response to smart devices Google Home and Amazon Echo which is called Alexa.
Alexa comes from the mind of the online retail supergiant, which is Amazon. You can expect almost everything that Alexa can do for you. On the other hand, the other smart assistant; Google Assistant excels at general search and information commands. This assistant is better at understanding more complex instructions and queries; with Alexa, you need to dictate one command at a time.
Google was actually the first to introduce “voice match” system, meaning it could recognize users from one another based on their voice. Amazon quickly made the same step. Now, both smart assistants should be able to recognize your voice and deliver specific commands and instructions accordingly.
Choosing between the two brand devices is about more than deciding whether you want to say “Alexa” or “Hey, Google” in giving instructions. Both offer a similar, low-cost entry in the world of smart speakers, there should then be differences between their range of settings and features, quality of sound, design, and connectivity.
In terms of design, the two devices are basically tiny that fits in the palm of your hands. This displays so much on-the-go feel to enjoy more the sound without taking so much space.
Smart Assistant is really not one of the “must have” list, but seeing the convenience and intelligence it brings; this is something to consider in each and every home.
Smart speakers are wireless speakers with voice-control built into them. The settings of this invention are catered by its artificial intelligence (AI) from Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft or Samsung (so far) built into them. It comes in a form of voice-controlled personal assistants, by Amazon’s Alexa as one of the most popular brands. They are enabled by the combination of mobile computing devices, application programming interfaces (APIs), and the proliferation of mobile applications. It has 7 far-field microphones for hands-free use, so it can hear you across the room.
Did you know that it currently has 50,000+ skills? It is getting smarter as time goes by as they add more features. This little assistant has a very clean and compact design that makes it more attractive to users. It is truly a powerful tool that can be placed anywhere in your home. The convenience it brings will make you more productive for any other activity.
Why is it worth buying?
- It comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi
- hands-free and voice-controlled device for convenience
- It has a sleek and compact design
- Easy to setup
- Market Price: Ranges $50 to $90
- Echo Dot is a voice-controlled speaker that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, answer questions, set timers and alarms, and more.
- Play music from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio.
- Call or message family and friends hands-free, or drop in from the Alexa App to your Echo device.
- Controls lights, locks, thermostats, and more with compatible connected devices.
- Use the built-in speaker, or for bigger sound, connect to speakers through Bluetooth or audio cable.
Cheap Smart Home Security “Blink XT”
Security is a very vital factor for travellers in booking their vacation. Since most of Airbnb rentals are residential spaces, home security is something that needs to be considered. It is an unfortunate fact that home security doesn’t come cheap. But if you think of it, you are paying for a vacation so you might as well accept the fact that you need to pay for a safe place as well.
A smart home security system is an investment; it is something that needs to be prioritized. You need to decide on a comfortable price range. It will be very hard to compromise security just because you don’t want to pay for it.
To be able to spot cheap smart home security is definitely good news for everyone.
The Blink Indoor Home Security has motion detection, HD video, 2-year battery life and includes cloud storage. Of course, it works with Alexa by combining it with a screen Alexa device.
When motion detector is prompted, WIFI cameras send an alert to your smartphone and record a clip of the event that is automatically saved to the cloud. The cloud storage doesn’t come with fees, and it’s totally wire-free. It is also very easy to set up as it has to control wireless cameras with the included iOS & Android app or just simply using voice command through Alexa.
720p HD video capture will ensure that you will have a perfectly clear view of your space. It has a Live Video Mode that can easily access video streaming using the Blink App.
A Smart Lock also changes the game of having security and comfort in one. It can work with Alexa for a hands-free security command. You can pair it with Apple HomeKit devices to use with iOS and Siri voice control only.
Some smart locks can be locked and unlocked using a phone app or with Apple TV/iPad for HomeKit-enabled smart home. These devices have built-in alarm technology that can automatically sense potential door attacks.
It is very important for everyone to protect their valuables. These home security devices certainly know how to deliver the right service, with almost paying the customer back the price with their worthwhile features.
Home Security has never been this advanced. Its features will surely make you at ease and confident about your home. Allowing you to be as productive as you want for the day and just let this gadget work its magic is surely something worth every dollar.
Why is it worth buying?
- Built-in motion sensor alarm
- 2-year battery life
- Easy to setup
- Live View Streaming
- Free Cloud Storage
- Good quality video capture
- Can be used indoors or outdoors; they are weatherproof
- WEATHERPROOF FOR OUTDOOR OR INDOOR USE: Place and move your wireless Blink camera anywhere around your home both inside and out. Start off with a small system and expand to up to 10 cameras on one Blink Sync Module.
- MOTION DETECTOR: Built-in motion sensor alarm, when motion detector is triggered, Wi-Fi cameras will send an alert to your smartphone and record a short clip of the event to the cloud.
- BATTERY POWERED SECURITY SYSTEM: Wireless home camera with 2-year battery life, powered by 2 Lithium AA 1.5v non-rechargeable Lithium batteries (included), data is sent from IP cameras over Wi-Fi.
- SMART HOME VIDEO SECURITY WITH HD VIDEO: Simple self-install home monitoring in minutes; easy to control wireless cameras with the free Blink Home Monitor iOS or Android app (Requires iOS 10.3 or Android 5 Lollipop or higher).
- FREE CLOUD STORAGE: Totally wire-free, with no monthly fees or service contract required.
Cheap Smart Lighting “Kasa Smart Light Switch”
Having smart light bulbs is always a good idea. For people who want to create a smart home space, putting up some smart light bulbs should be first on the list!
As people nowadays would often forget to turn their lights at night, having smart bulbs may be the solution to their problem. These devices are actual bulbs that are connected to the internet. There may be a lot of reasons to purchase these bulbs, but surely it adds more coordination and beauty to one’s home. You can customize and control the use of light especially when paired with Alexa. Of course, you can never go wrong with Alexa as it works its magic by letting you control the bulbs with your voice.
Smart bulbs are among the most immediately successful inventions in the growing category of home automation and even decoration. It goes to show how technology can bring so much comfort to each space.
Smart lighting can contribute to an increased security at home as it can be customized whenever and wherever as long as connected to the internet. This invention can also save money as you can control and adjust the brightness of bulbs. Smart lighting bulbs can bring not just light but color and beauty to each home. Change of colors is definitely possible with smart bulbs. How smart can that be with these inventions that brings so much convenience and beauty all at the same time.
Smart bulbs don’t have to be expensive. There are a lot of different manufacturers to choose from. You just need to be keen enough to filter your preferences and conditions in buying the product.
Smart lighting bulbs are very much recommended to hosts of Airbnb so that they can take control of their space to maintain security for their guests.
Why is it worth buying?
- Can enhance your home with soft white lighting, can be controlled remotely wherever you are.
- Compatible with Alex
- Huge reduction of energy and maintenance cost
- Increased safety at home
- Easy guided install: Neutral wire is required, standard wall plate size. No need to understand complex switch wiring or master vs auxiliary switch configurations; The Kasa app guides you through easy step by step installation. Need 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection
- Control from anywhere: Monitor your light status. Turn electronics on and off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app, whether you are at home, in the office or on vacation
- Voice control: Enjoy the hands-free convenience of controlling the lights in your home with your voice via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant; perfect for times when your hands are full or entering a dark room
- Scheduling: Use timer or countdown schedules to set your smart switch to automatically turn on and off while you're home or away. Enable ‘away mode’ to randomly switch on and off to trick potential intruders
- Trusted and reliable: Designed and developed in silicon valley, Kasa is trusted by over 4 million users. UL certified for safety use. 2-year warranty
Cheap Smart Entertainment Controller “Broadlink RM Mini3”
Smart Devices has truly captured everyone for its undeniably good service. It gives the user the sense of control and adds confidence on its features. Smart technology has led to an explosion even in the range of Smart Home Entertainments.
These Smart devices will give you a perfect visual and audio experience that brings entertainment to a whole new level. Ideally, you want all of the smart devices in your home to work in the same ‘language’. This is where the smart controller comes in. It functions as a universal remote control to handle all of your smart home appliances anytime from anywhere.
Logitech Harmony Hub and Broadlink IR Controllers are some of those in the market.
They are compatible with Alexa to voice control your smart devices. These controllers can also allow you to customize your needs such as scheduling settings according to your needs. For example, you can set a timer for you air condition to operate for hours you prefer; same goes to being able to set preferred time of usage for all other devices. This invention really gives the user the control of almost the entire home anywhere and anytime. It gives so much confidence and peace of mind as to what he will expect once he gets home after a tiring workday. The convenience this universal controller brings to its user is definitely worth its price.
Airbnb spaces along with these Smart Controllers will make all travellers more enticed as they maximize their stays without being worried and stressed in controlling home appliances.
Why is it worth buying?
- Works with Alexa to easily take control of your home entertainment appliance with your voice
- You can create customized settings for usage preferences
- Easy to setup
- Promotes a safety home
- Less cost because of customized settings
- 【Voice Control】Use your voice to control your TV, “Alexa, turn on the TV”, “Alexa, change the channel to Fox” and so on.
- 【APP Control】Automatic codes update from cloud, automatic device matching without learning, iOS/Android app control from anywhere.(Note:Download the new BroadLink Intelligent Home Center (IHC) App. The previous version of the App does not work with Alexa. Search for "intelligent home center" in the Apple App store or Google Play store.)
- 【Compatible Devices】Replace all your remotes with your smart phone, support 80,000+ IR controlled devices such as TV, Set-up Box, Air condition, DVD, audio and etc.
- 【Scheduled Time】You can customize for your family, create activities and scene on the phone, and enjoy the peace-of-mind.
Cheap Smart Home Thermostats “Honeywell Wi-Fi Thermostat”
The right comfort starts with the right temperature. It dictates the energy and productivity of your body when you are comfortable enough of the heat or coolness.
Programmable thermostats or smart home thermostats offer a much more innovative function for its users. It can automatically adjust the heat or cool temperature based on time or customized preference of the user like allowing multiple set points in a day. It can control the temperature of multiple rooms, given that separate Wi-Fi sensors are also available. Larger spaces with multiple floors will likely have multiple heating and cooling systems to control the different areas of the house at the same time.
Once these Smart Thermostats are linked up with a Wi-Fi connection, you will have a remote control using a computer or via an app. all from the comfort and convenience of a smartphone. No matter where you are, a smart thermostat keeps you connected to your space in just a click away.
A good catch of one is the Honeywell Smart Thermostat. It works with Alexa for voice control though Alexa device is being sold separately.
It has 7-day programming with 4 program periods in a day. The user can really take control of the settings and even customize the periods of use.
It also has the ability to view the local weather and humidity level with the use of the web portal or the app. This invention is truly something that is worth its price. The comfort of being able to take control of your air condition without the need to get up is just truly an example of comfort living.
Why is it worth buying?
- Works with Alexa for voice control
- 7-day programming with 4 program periods per day for a user to customize usage
- Works with Alexa, Google Assistant, Samsung SmartThings, IFTTT, Yonomi, Wink, and Stringify (devices sold separately)
- Ability to share levels of humidity and local weather using the web or app
- Easy to setup
- THERMOSTAT THAT FITS YOUR LIFE. 7-day, 4 periods per day, flexible programming lets you sync your comfort with your schedule.
- EASY-TO-USE-APP. Choose from the Total Connect Comfort app or the Honeywell Home app to control your WiFi thermostat anytime, anywhere.
- SMART HOME INTEGRATION. The Wi-Fi 7-Day is compatible with voice assistant devices like Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Microsoft Cortana, and more.
- SIMPLE INSTALL FOR A DIY PROJECT. The Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat is easy to configure and install yourself.
- EFFICIENCY AND REWARDS. The Wi-Fi 7-Day works with utility programs across the US to bring you even more savings.
An Airbnb stays filled with Smart Devices can offer the traveller peace of mind that can surely affect their experience. These gadgets, with their perfect features, will pay back each traveller the price of their rent with comfort and style. While the hosts, investing in these helpful gadgets will also get a rapid return on investment as people will always seek their space for relaxation and much-deserved stay.
Having the right devices will greatly impact guests’ satisfaction towards their holiday. On the other hand, hosts will be reviewed positively if these recommended devices are readily available. These gadgets will also add value to the listing as it provides guests with a feeling of care and security.
As people nowadays rely on technology as they seek connection in all ways, investing in smart devices will surely create an edge to an Airbnb space. As they say, the best is yet to come. We expect more innovations and unique creations from giant brands that will add comfort and value to Airbnb homes. More and more travellers will surely look out for more tech-related comforts as they go on vacation.